Monday, March 9, 2009

Days Zero, One, Two and Three

New Plan.

60 days to skinny. Or fit. Or healthy. Or whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Today is day 3. Not going so well. I've actually gained 2 lbs. I'm not losing heart yet, tho. I'm hoping that by putting a time limit on it I will stick to it.

Here is the plan as recorded on this group I started on Facebook called "Nothing in my closet fits anymore":

Part I - Food
1200 calories a day six days a week
1500 calories on Saturdays

It will hopefully look like this:

Coffee* and breakfast bar - 200

Snack - 100

Lunch - 300

Snack - 100

Dinner - 300-400

Snack - 100-200

And then, lots and lots of water.

I've done it before. I can do it again.

Part II - Exercise
Workout six days a week
Rest on Sundays

Monday - Run for 30 minutes

Tuesday - Weight training/Running

Wednesday - Aerobics Class

Thursday - Weight training/Running

Friday - Aerobics Class

Saturday - Aerobics Class

I picked these times and activities because they fit into my schedule. It is usually very difficult for me to figure out when I'm going to work out. It came pretty easily this time. That must mean it's time. Feel free to pick the times and activities that work best for you. If you need help with that, I'll be happy to do so.

As you may have guessed, I'm am inviting all of you to join me. You can start your 60 days whenever you want. But, let's get on with the success stories!

It is notable that I am also working on a Part III - Afterwards. It will be a maintenance regime so that we don't gain the bloody weight back again.

Friday [Day Zero] I ate fattening chocolate dessert and took a Zumba Class. Unfortunately I did those two activities too close together and got a little sick.

Saturday I thought I did alright. I ate my 1500 calories [I think] and took another Zumba class. But Sunday morning I had somehow gained weight.

Sunday I succumbed to the temptation to eat 3 pieces of pizza.

Today I weighed in at 165lbs ): [which is what I weighed yesterday].

My immediate goal is to not consume more than 1200 calories and hit the apartment gym for 30 minutes. Both will be challenging since I won't make it home tonight until late and I have a midterm tomorrow. But I'm not going to be too hard on myself. An appropriate cliche about trying and trying again should be inserted here.

Wish me luck!

No comments: