Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weigh In Number "3"

Hi! It's been a while - we were on a roller coaster ride, actually! Sheer craziness. Things are starting to settle down a bit - not to mention look up! I got a real live job offer! Jermaine is joining the Army! So many exclamations marks and so little time!

I'm sure I'll be blogging about the whole thing on my other blog in the relatively near future. For now, we'll focus on the blog at hand.

It's been 3 Saturdays since I blogged. I missed the first Saturday because we went to Hershey Park (OH - that was fun!). The following week, the bottom dropped out from under us. We had to develop a new plan because our current one got smashed to pieces. Enter the Army. Again, you can read the whole thing on my other blog.

With all of that going on, I had no time to focus on losing weight. Thankfully, I didn't really gain any. I tried, more or less, to stick with my program (although punishments have flown out the window (and I have tentatively replaced them with something better - but that's for another blog, I think)).

I weighed in this morning at 179.6 (for the second day in a row!). In the past three weeks I have fluctuated quite a bit - ranging from where I started (182-3ish) to where I am now. It's hard to tell exactly where I am but, I think it's safe to say I have officially lost 2 lbs since I started this whole thing - which means the scale is going in the right direction!

Last time I measured in:

Arm: 13
Chest: 36
Smallest part of my tummy: 32
Where my jeans usually sit: 39
Around the belly button: 38
Hips: 44
Thigh: 25

Okay, let me go measure up:

Arm: 13
Chest: 36
Smallest part of my tummy: 32
Where my jeans usually sit: 36 (!!)
Around the belly button: 38
Hips: 43
Thigh: 25

Wow - I lost 2 inches in my waist! Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see any results this time around. Very cool. :)

That's it, I think. Hmm. Except that I'm reading a really helpful book right now called Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. I want to blog about it at some point. But, for now, I'll just point you to Lisa Delaney's website.

1 comment:

Jess said...

But how do you FEEL? I think that should be a part of your weekly weigh-ins as well. Are you feeling less stressed? More energetic? Happier? Etc. In terms of overall health, I think those things are just as important as the weight - maybe moreso.