Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Push and an Epiphany [Day.Four]


[Editor's Note: Dude, you've got to see this movie.]

Ahhh! I'm getting behind on the daily blog writing goodness. I started this last night at 12:30am [which is still yesterday for me]. We started watching a movie [I'll rave about that in a minute]. My original intent was to finish my blog after the movie, but by that time it was 3am and I couldn't muster the energy to sit up in bed.

So, I decided to blog AS SOON AS I awoke today. And, [drum roll, please] that's exactly what I'm doing! This is exciting on so many levels.

Now, of course, I could add that my "awoke time" was a bit later than usual [Noon thirty to be exact - but, since I didn't go bed until almost 4am, I didn't exactly "oversleep", I just adjusted my schedule slightly . . . ]

Sigh. So now I've got to remember what I ate yesterday. This will be a good exercise for me, tho, because I don't feel like I ate a lot and yet the scale wasn't very kind to me [I'm refraining from daily scale updates - I'm going to post weekly since I fluctuate so much].

Hmm. Okay. What did I eat?

A Nutrigrain bar on the way to church, I think [130]

Coffee with Cream [150]

A doughnut [Ms. Beverly, one of the sweetest women EVER, who volunteers her time picking up, setting up and giving out the doughnuts and the bagels at church every Sunday, knows my favorite [Chocolate Kreme Filled] and saves one for me (:] [310]

A bagel and cream cheese on my way to the Little Gym interview [400]

Ginger Ale on my way [long trip from CRCC to TLG] [200]

Piece of Dark Chocolate [60]

Coffee [80]

Ice Cream [300]

Wendy's Spicy Asian [I was sucked in by the commercial - it was kind of a mistake] [550]

Root Beer at Priscilla and Mike's [160]

Coffee with Caramel and Cream [250]

Tuna Melt [Jermaine made tuna, it was awesome!] and a couple crackers [400]

An orange [50]


Wow. It's all very clear now. I did NOT do well.

Grand Total: 3040

OH my goodness. I had NO idea.

Funnily [as Amie Berryhill would say], I don't feel like I failed. I feel empowered. I thought I did well, and I was pissed because I thought the scale was just being mean. Now that I know I can not do that again. Live and learn. :)

Emotions - I felt pretty awesome all day yesterday. I felt very alive. I guess it should be noted that I was majorly wiped out after the interview. An hour a half of jumping up and down with crazy five year olds [which I have to admit - I loved] and the mental strain of knowing my every move was being evaluated]. Also, I was tired last night while watching the crazy late movie, but opted for the orange because I didn't want to blow my diet. :P Riiight.

Two more things:

Push - ohMYgosh, this movie was so good! It may be one of my new favorites. A must watch, for sure.

I had an epiphany last night [I love it when that happens]. Of course, it's one of those "everyone knows this already, it just really hit home last night for some reason" [yay God!]. I realized that I don't need to set a time where I'm supposed to have reached my weight loss goal. I've been a little bummed that I wouldn't be "bikini ready" this summer. But, this is "rest of my life" stuff. And if it is truly about changing the way I eat, move, breathe and live, then it doesn't matter when I get there. The important thing is that I'm going.

I had a fabulous weekend. I hope you did too. I'm pretty sure I love you. And if not, I'm really trying to. Happy Monday!

No comments: