Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're Back to Counting Days

[Yay! I felt beautiful at my reunion, even if I wasn't as thin as I would have liked.]

Hello world!

I've been working on this blog for about two hours, but I had the TV on and was getting absolutely nowhere.

So, click.

Time to get down to business.

I just reread my last blog and it made me really happy. I've been doing a lot of soul searching these past few months, working on being comfortable in my own skin, figuring who I am and what makes me tick. I've thought of that blog often, but I was thinking, [and this sounds really bad] 'Ok, so now I've got to be healthy and not obsess, and lose the weight but not too fast and yada yada yada.' Almost like the "good works" way to getting skinny instead of the "saved by grace through faith" way.

I'd totally forgotten the "Imagine" part of the blog!

That's the best part! Sigh.

Time to back up, revisit and remember.

What was I imagining again? Oh, yes, this:

Imagine myself daring to dream that I could be really, truly healthy in mind, body and soul. Imagine myself filling up on yummy, healthful foods. Imagine exercising practically day and absolutely loving it. Imagine food and exercise becoming opportunities to love and spend time with God and people. Imagine really feeling good and warm and energetic and getting those feelings from Jesus and people and exercise and not from caffeine or sugar. Imagine not obsessing over my bathroom scale. Imagine feeling comfortable in my own skin. Imagine becoming an aerobics instructor and being qualified and excited to teach others these wonderful things that God is teaching me. Imagine helping other people dare to dream this dream for themselves.

That is truly madly deeply so so SO what I want. And so it is with that sentiment that I restart this blog. It will be modeled after the Ready.Set.Skinny blog I kept on Myspace - I'm aiming for humorous healthful goodstuff. I'll be posting what I ate, how many calories it added up to, the exercises I do and how much I burned. I'm going to add in the times I ate, and my moods during my chow sessions and post-exercise.

I know that I'll keep it up for at least 30 days, to try to establish a healthful routine. After that, we'll see what happens. But if you're interested you'll have something new to read everyday for at least a month!

I didn't eat very healthfully today, but in the spirit of not waiting until morning to start getting skinny, I'm going to post it.

Breakfast: FiberOne Bar [130]
Coffee (yes, I'm back on the 'feine) [70]
Ginger Ale [120]
Tuna Salad Sandwich a la Priscilla [200ish]
Cottage Cheese [100ish]
Chocolate Chip Cookies (6?) [360]
Chips [400]
Ice Cream with whipped cream and chocolate syrup [300]
BBQ Chicken Pizza [300]
Coffee [150]
Ginger Ale [100]

Yikes. Survey says: Total - 2230

Oh my.

Hmm, well, you have to start somewhere, right?

I think I want to aim for about 1400 calories a day for now and see how that goes. Wish me luck!

I did exercise today! I forced myself to go, but I was glad I did. I walked/ran on the treadmill for 42 minutes. 300 calories and almost 3 miles. I was extremely tired right after I did it, but I think it gave me energy to work on this blog. (:

I'm not sure about my moods while I ate, I'll have to write it down as the day goes on, I think.

Ooh, almost forgot - the not-so-fun part. My weight and measurements.

As of right this moment I'm 168[ish] and I measure in at 36-31-43. The 31 is the skinniest part of my waist. The belly button part of my waist is closer to 38 or 39. Youch. That's not fun to write.

But it will be fun to watch it come off! And it will be fun to do it the God way. Because, honestly, the Brandy way pretty much blows.

And I'm convinced that God cares about this. Which is pretty amazing.

No comments: